Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2 New Soaps!

I haven't been blogging much as I have been working on the soap studio and making soap.  Stocking up on all your favorite fragrances.  BUT, I did manage to squeeze in 2 new soap fragrances and play with some techniques I had been wanting to try.

Eucalyptus with a bit of lemon.  Those are delicate shavings of a lemon soap at the top of the soap. I  also colored the top layer a very light green.  I have hope that the color will deepen with curing.  And next time I will add even more shavings, I just wasn't sure how it was going to turn out.  But I really like it.  The soap fragrance is brisk and fresh.

 
This is Spiced Mahogany swirled with a deep reddish brown, created using real cocoa powder.  This soap fragrance is very complex.  Lots going on.  I would say it is a more masculine scent with some Cardamom, Vanilla Bourbon, Allspice, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Wood tones of Cedarwood and Mahogany.  the colors will definitely deepen with cure time.  Very nice!


Both of these pictures are of very fresh soap, so the colors will deepen and change a bit.  But I was excited to share with you.  Okay, back to cutting the soap!

No comments: